Old 11-28-2014, 03:19 PM
Bee Beatty

Moon...what a wonderful Thanksgiving story! I love my Dad dearly. He passed several years ago. What a great memory you have. Thanks for sharing.

Originally Posted by moonwork42029 View Post
Ok, I'm ready to jump back into a Boom. It's been several Booms since I participated in, in fact I think Boom 9 was the last one. You can see some of my blocks by clicking the link in my signature line.

My name is Lisa (yes, another Lisa and another "moon" so it can get confusing).

My prior married name was "moon" and I often "moonlighted" for extra money by sewing in the evenings by the moonlight so I used the name "moonwork" for all my sewing/craft/creative ventures. That name has stuck even though the married portion of it didn't .

I live in Possum Trot, KY (very western edge -- just outside of Paducah). Some of you may remember me from past Booms and my helper Dad. He passed away about a 1 1/2 years ago and I just haven't sewn much since then. He had a blast with all the F8 and deciding on patterns. He was a joy and my chief "ironer" of every block and F8 that left here. It will be a real challenge to do this without him so if you see some tear stains you'll know why.

I've done Booms, a couple of the funky swaps, a few monthly swaps and have attempted to do the 50 paper pieced stars (got about 15 done is all). I like the variety the swaps offer as I get bored making the same block over and over. Dad was the prodding force for me to get the blocks made into tops. Now I just have to learn to use our longarm and some day I'll get them quilted.

I haven't decided on my fabric yet but I'll be in the slow group. I'm a confessed starch a holic so if your block comes back stiff as a board, then you know Dad was helping me spray and iron. He loved to see just how stiff he could get them, lol.

So on this day of Thanksgiving, I made up my mind to join as I am so thankful for having had the time with my Dad helping me while he lived with us. He'd tell me to get the starch out and get to cutting.