View Single Post
Old 11-30-2014, 06:01 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by mariatherese View Post
Judy, that is true. You absolutely should try the machine out!

I helped a lady out with her Viking serger and I thought it worked perfectly after some adjustments. But at the swedish sewing board I am at, there are a lot of threads of strange errors connected to the Huskylocks. It might be user errors, but it could also be that there are lots of lemons.

And I should be partial, as it was originally a Swedish brand.
thank you, the thing is if you try them out and also have a shop in your area to help if needed, you will know if you are doing something wrong or if its the machine. My Huskylock has made me think I had a problem several times because I'm spoiled. My Viking emb machine automatically puts the pressure foot down and starts when I push start or the peddle. There has been many times when I thought my serger was messing up, just to find out I'd forgotten to put the pressure foot down because its not automatic on my serger. Thank goodness I have a great teacher and as soon as she sees my sewing she knows the problem. Having a dealer (rather you buy from them or not) that will help you is a big help. I have my Viking dealer and our Sew n Vac store handles Brother so I'm covered.