View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 05:19 PM
Lostn51
Banned

Here I am LOL!!!

I love the quilt blocks and the black and white just stand out wonderfully.

Quilting on a treadle is a blast. To me it gives the quilt a certain personality and all the machines I ever use are treadled. I have a 24, a few 27's, a 66, and a Japanese 15. And you are dead on about the 27 and the soothing sounds it makes when it sews. I love a VS machine!!

Have you looked under your 15 and made sure you cant drop the fees dogs on it. It might have a knob under the bed that you loosen and the feed dogs drop, but depending on the year it was manufactured it might not have it.

Instead of spending the money on the darning plate just take a card and tape it over the feed dogs and you are FMQing!! FMQ on a treadle to me is easier than on an electric. It seems like you have more control over the stitches than with the electric type of machine.

Congratulations on using your machines for what they were intended for and doing such a wonderful job. You can even see the love in the quilt just from the photos of the blocks and you cant get that from an electric machine! :thumbup:

Billy