Old 11-30-2014, 01:56 PM
Bee Beatty

Kass,

I am the one with the garden tool print...and I would love a pp block...3-D, appliqued ---- don't be afraid to go outside the box on this one! Actually, I have been thinking a lot about this today. Time in my quilting room is so wonderful!. The blocks from this Boom will become my Mother's throw to use when sitting on her porch near the garden area. She is 84, has excellent health - other than worsening loss of cognitive function. My brother built her a 1 bedroom cottage that connects to the main house via a patio and garden area. She loves to sit on the porch, even on chilly days. I am sure this spring, she will direct the planting from her rocking chair ...so this will be perfect for her. I will create a pocket for the throw to hold her phone and door key (she has to have both with her at all times). Thinking about ways to do that.

I know her and even though she is difficult on her best days and has 10% of her hearing (will not wear aids of any kind....no way), repeats things 581 times a day-----she can still multiply and divide quicker than me and is fascinated by the world around her----maybe for the first time that I can ever remember.

So yes! please make this block full of gardening fun ---bright colors, very patchy, pp'd, applique ---the sky is the limit. You have my permission make this fun! She will love it! I am making a couple of sample blocks to give some perspective. I will send notes with F8's.

Bee