View Single Post
Old 12-01-2014, 09:42 AM
ShannanMN

Default Newbie from Minnesota

Hello all, I'm Shannan and I'm from Cambridge MN (that's about 50 miles north of Minneapolis). During the daytime I'm an eCommerce Manager for a Fortune 100 manufacturing company (think of me when you look at your thermostat). I made my first log cabin quilt top about 8 years ago, and then started a second flannel quilt but somewhere in the middle of it all I got busy, got divorced and got remarried as the years passed by.

I just turned 40 and recently I dug one of my sewing machines out of storage in our basement to repair a few things. I kept thinking about that machine and decided I wanted to try a new quilting project. One day we were out shopping and stopped at a quilt store (just to look) and my husband picked out this GORGEOUS fabric and asked if I could use it to make something... It turns out he's a genius at picking out and coordinating fabrics and he loves that he can be involved in some small way in one of my hobbies (I definitely upgraded with the remarry). So I am starting some seasonal table runners from some fabric that he helps me pick out.

We're working on our unfinished basement and one of the bedrooms will be my craft room (mostly for quilting and knitting stuff). I am just super excited to start building my fabric stash (any suggestions for inexpensive ways to build up fabric stash would be welcome) and have fun with projects.