View Single Post
Old 12-01-2014, 01:30 PM
Ada Shiela

Default Copyright after death

I'm hoping Patrice knows more than I about the IT world and laws relating to copyright and intellectual property! If a person passes away, as Pam and Robert Bono have done, and their family chooses not to continue to run the business, how do laws relate to merchandise sold or given freely to us. Pam Bono Designs and Pam's Club of which I was a member, has been closed down completely and we have no course of communication with anyone yet.

I'm sure their sons and family are devastated by the sudden loss of their parents and were not personally involved in the business, but it seems such a shame for Pam and Robert's wonderful creativity and inspiration to appear lost in oblivion.

Susan Clark was a major contributor to the designing and sewing process and it would be nice to know that she is coping well and able to move on with her creative skills in some capacity. I'm finding it hard to comprehend the whole tragic situation; Pam was such a pleasure to deal with and very generous with her free patterns and expertise, and I felt I knew her personally.