View Single Post
Old 12-01-2014, 04:23 PM
NanaPam

Default Newbie from Illinois - Hi everyone!!!

Hello from Illinois! I love that I found this site!! I have been lurking around here part of today; I have been here before when searching for quilt answers. I'm almost always directed here and finally decided that I should probably join.

My husband and I are retired and I love all things Quilts!! I have been making quilts since about 1999 and am learning so much! I am self taught and when I look at the quilts I began with, I'm amazed (and proud) of how far I have come! I absolutely love working on quilt projects in my sewing room! I recently lost my quilting companion; our sweet K-9 girl, Maggie had to be put down Oct. 10. She LOVED when I would sew, she absolutely loved lying on the floor in the sewing room as I worked on projects. My room has been very lonely! However, Wednesday we are picking rescuing a K-9 girl from a local pound and am hoping she will enjoy my sewing room as much as our sweet Maggie did. I will try to post a pic of her. <3

I do most of my projects in the colder months (and there are ALOT of them in Illinois! LOL) In the warmer months we prefer to be outside and that's when my gardening passion comes out.

I'll be lurking around here and checking everything out. (I couldn't find a pic of Maggie in my sewing room, but found one of her with our oldest granddaughter.) I'm attaching a pic of the quilt I made last year that I wanted to make for years, but never thought I could - I'm most proud of this quilt! I call it my "Walking Dead Quilt" because I binge-watched The Walking Dead on Netflix the winter I made it. hehe
Attached Thumbnails img_2669.jpg   walking-dead-quilt.jpg