View Single Post
Old 12-02-2014, 06:13 AM
mdall

Bullock, completely agree. They must sell that stupid hat here also. I have one of those large 4 wheel drive vehicle. Its an Expidition. I can tell you that even though its large doesnt mean it handles better in these conditions. Matter of fact it handles worse in some situations. My rear end is much lighter than front and with the length of truck it has a much greater risk of the rear sliding around on you. Same with DH trucks his rear swings around if you blow on it wrong. Planning on having weights added to them some time soon hopefully. People just need to use some common sense. I can get out and about today. Just took the kids to the bus stop. The thing is I know what that mountain is probably like and it would be possible to get across it but why risk it when I can just wait till tomorrow when I know the roads will have been treated and I wont have that problem. Like I said common sense.

Yes, nowhere has it advantages that far out way the disadvantages. I can honestly say that when I send my kids out to play the only thing I have to worry about is the rare circumstance of a bear, snake, coyote, and such confronting them. They have been taught to watch for these animals and most of the time the dogs keep those away. To be honest even though they can be dangerous animals it is far more comforting than having to worry about the animals of the human kind.