View Single Post
Old 12-02-2014, 06:20 AM
SheriR

Default Quilts for two Eagle Scouts

These are the second and third quilts gifted to new Eagle Scouts in my husbands troop. The first was just over a year ago. http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...t-t234403.html

I used the same pattern which I designed to fit the Scout panel. I ran out of gold fabric so one quilt has a cream grunge fabric. I like it a lot. The quilting really shows nicely. Can you see the Scout words I did around the outside border? I backed them both the same, with a brown Kona cotton and a patch work of a scout pictorial print. The striped binding in the Scout colors is about my favorite part!

I had them planned for an enjoyable piecing/quilting schedule then my husband offered to move from the house we were leasing in SEVEN days. Yes. Pack. Move. Clean. Eeeek!! Luckily I had the top, back and binding made before movers came, I only had to sandwich, quilt and bind while my daughters started unpacking us into the new house (which we love). The sunroom off the kitchen has turned into my favorite room!!

Both quilts were received with astounding gratitude. I'm just grateful they got finished. I told my hubby at about day three of our move those Scout quilts may not get finished....he just smiled and said "You always finish!" I think his faith and angels helped pulled it off!
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

image.jpg