View Single Post
Old 12-02-2014, 06:36 PM
ann31039

Some of the old stories are fascinating. I was talking with my supervisor today complaining that I had not seen a single sewing machine in any thrift or goodwill in Panama City this weekend. He told me about his great grandmothers machine. She passed on about 6 months ago at age 99. She sewed on her "ole black machine" till she died, even though her daughters had bought her a new machine about 10 years ago. Her husband bought her the machine used right after they married when she was 16. She sewed all of her family's clothes and took in sewing for others as well. Did that all of her life with that "foot powered machine".

The first question I asked was Ya'll are gonna keep it ain't ya? He said yes that his great aunts all sewed. I made sure to let him know that if any of them had the desire to get rid of it to call me, that I would give it a good home. Just the thought of it going away horrifies me. I did tell him if he wanted to know about the machine to take some pictures and get the number and I could probably tell him something.`