View Single Post
Old 12-02-2014, 08:12 PM
ScubaK

Default I did it again/ or why I hate CL...

I have always wanted a Featherweight. I have always questioned that want. Why would I want an old machine when I have two top of the line machines (brother Quattro, and Pfaff Creative Vision...) that cost lots of money... so I browse Craigs LIst...and I find one that has been in the salt air in a garage for 20 years and the guy cant get it to sew...it has some corrosion but is still a great machine...the case is shot...I put a correct needle in it and it sews like a dream
I take this machine home, oil it and put in a new needle and it sews perfect...just has an ugly case..
Today I take a lookie at CL and I see another one for 150$ and I email if its available...YUP...I run out there and it has been neglected a bit...but it still looks good (electric/ gears and such) I don't even sew on it and take it for 150$....get it home and have to do some tensions setting and total oil/grease...but it sews even more quiet than my first one...the case is perfect and I have many feet...and a owners manual...
Now I have to sell one...maybe....
Pictures to follow...
I'm hoping that I am not getting addicted to older machines...as I love my very first machine...my GM White treadle...I love that machine...
K