View Single Post
Old 12-02-2014, 11:52 PM
quiltingcandy

Cari-in-Oly is so right! Once I made my mind up to get one, I was searching CL, Ebay and ShopGoodwill.com. That does not include looking at yard sales and thrift stores. Oh, and those beautiful repainted ones in quilt shops and quilt shows were to die for (but seemed to start at $1800.00 - way out of my price range). Before I knew it - I had 3 of them. One for me, one for each of my daughters - neither of them sew and neither of them wanted the machines but I had a machine for them. So once they convinced me they would never want their machines, I decided to give one to a friend of my sister who lives on a boat. She started sewing and needed a reliable little machine. But once my sister saw the FW and tried it out, she asked if she could keep it. So I still have 2 - why? Because they are cute and I don't want to sell it. That would be like selling one of my children!

And I still look for the little machines. Haven't bought any lately, but I know if the asking price is too good, I am not sure I could resist.