View Single Post
Old 12-03-2014, 01:30 AM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Mrs. SewNSew View Post
Glad to hear it's not just me. I always seem to grab the uggos because transforming them is the biggest challenge. I have four Singer 201's waiting for care in the hoard. I haven't chosen which will be mine, but am most attracted to the one with all the graffiti scratched into it. I thought maybe I was crazy.
I think it is any of us that has ever worked on a pretty one and then tackled an ugly - I think the lights just go on and you realize there is a gem under all that... unless you can't get past the ugly look of it.

Then I've seen people who won't even look at a metal machine - they only will use plastic. The same day that kid called a lady called about a pretty White - she showed up, looked around my room and saw a Plastic Wonder (PW) and she changed her mind right fast about the pristine all metal White - she went off half crazy about how awful vintage machines were. She was surrounded and outnumbered... What could I say... I let her sew on it... She may need sewing lessons... Me and that PW parted company. Oh and I could have fixed her old PW. She took apart the bobbin area and couldn't get it back together. I can do those even on a PW. She was just sure it was toast......... She just wanted another machine... I have a lot more respect for that kid and his Grandma's machine. I told him to call back any time. I just hope the PW lady never calls back.

Last edited by miriam; 12-03-2014 at 01:32 AM.