View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 08:14 PM
MistyMarie

A few years ago I ordered fabric from them. I received all my order, except for the piece I wanted the most. When I ordered it, the website showed that it was in stock. When I get the invoice, it says the fabric was on backorder. I had ordered several yards of it, so I decided to wait because I didn't want to buy from somewhere else and then have them get the fabric in and I'd end up with twice as much as a wanted. (At the time, several other sites had the fabric as well.)

So, about four months after my order had been placed, I get an e-mail from them stating that they cannot fill my order. I immediately start searching for the fabric. I called at least fifty quilt stores (from the manufacturers' retail list) and not one still had the fabric. I searched extensively on the web looking for a store in the USA that carried the fabric, to no avail. I found one in England that had it, but it was $15.00 a meter, plus international shipping. Because I wanted the fabric, I ordered it. It ended up costing me substantially more than I originally would have paid had it come from Hancocks of Paducah or another place in the States.

Since then, I haven't ordered from them. They should not have advertised it on their website if they could not procure more. I didn't want to order something again, only to be told it was on backorder.