View Single Post
Old 12-03-2014, 11:18 AM
IshtarsMom

Default OMG! It's a Suitcase

Have been making quilted purses while my shoulder is giving me trouble...I have come to absolutely love creating the patterns from pictures but this one turned into a challenge...my grand daughter has me around her finger so I can't say no..she sent me a picture of a tote she wanted that was from Vera Bradley's Get Carried Away and of course Memaw can do anything.. yeah right! I asked her if she was sure she wanted one that big..with 3 kids, two of them toddlers, she needs it...just didn't realize how big it really was until I got it finished. LOL Made this prototype inspired by that tote. Far from a replica but that's good...Used material from my stash but had to get creative to come up with enough material that would go together since I didn't have the 1 1/2 yards of both exterior and interior to make it right. It didn't help that I cut two of the pieces wrong...She loved it and is off to find the material she wants hers made in... Then of course there is a pic of my product tester Ishi.
If you make it they will get in it.. The other pic's are the purses I was making before this...Bucket purses...Inspired by the $1,350 suede one on Nordstrom's site Used a bolo tie and grommets...and the Vera Bradley Cargo Sling but went a totally different direction when I started sewing...just didn't want to put the outside pockets on and cover up the material I just loved... Thought the diagonal quilting would be easy but turned out not to be...marking it at 1 3/4 in and keep it straight was challenging too.

Anyway hope you enjoy these.
Attached Thumbnails 020.jpg   bucket-large.jpg   bucket-plaid-2-side-view.jpg   bucket-small.png   carry-away-exterior-side.jpg  

carry-away-front.jpg   carry-away-interior.jpg   carry-away-ishi.jpg