Old 12-03-2014, 12:34 PM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by sews View Post
The machine has aged beautifully and gracefully - I'd simply make the chrome shine and otherwise just clean the body very carefully so that it glows.
The 'patina' on the wood should match that of the machine and preserve some of its long history.

Enjoy! :-)
I think you're right Sabine. Part of me wants to redo her completely, but at the same time I love the warmth of the wood and the look of her. I suppose I'd just love to see a little more of the decals. That said, I keep telling my neighbor not to try to turn the 99 I gave him back to "original" to leave the decals alone. I suppose I need to take my own advice!

Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
I'll check when I get home from work to see if mine is different from that, but that one should cover most everything
Thanks Steve! If the one you have says anything about the "improved bobbin winder" or the newer boat shuttle, I'd love to see it, otherwise this one does everything I need.

Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
I think I'd leave it alone. Sews' comment that the patina of the wood and machine should match is right on. Both show their age and it's obvious that it was used by it's owner. It should be a good machine for you once you make those adjustments.
Rodney
Duly Noted. I will clean her up but not tamper with her finish more. I think she's going to be great. I have the needles and bobbin tire on my next order, and the thread guide and the shuttle carrier are on the list for the weekend.