Old 12-03-2014, 10:30 PM
Neesie

Checking in and still playing!

I've been spending most of the past few days, trying to make sense of an embroidery digitizing program demo, I downloaded. It seems pretty straightforward BUT most of the time, refuses to play with my machine (Brother PE770). At first I blamed it on user error but now I'm convinced it's a software glitch. Following the exact same save steps, it's worked maybe once in ten tries. It's a fairly simple program and very user-friendly, except for that one problem. It claims the save is successful and the emb. machine will start to load the design . . . then shuts down and restarts itself. Only happens with those files and not any of the purchased or free ones, I've downloaded. Only happens with MOST of the ones from that program . . . but not all. That's the aggravating part! Every now and then, one of them works just fine. Same design, same stitches, same save procedure. The problem seems to happen when I choose the option of cutting the 'travel' thread, between like-color sections. No, the designs are not too large (they're quite small and are mostly outlines, so relatively few stitches). Yes, I'm choosing the proper file extension for my machine. Yes, my USB stick is properly formatted. Yes, the files are being copied properly (been copying/transferring files, for many years). Yes, I've watched the tutorial and read the manual (PDF online). The aggravating thing is that SOMETIMES it works just fine, so I keep trying. I'm determined to figure out what the trigger is, that makes the difference.