View Single Post
Old 12-04-2014, 12:18 PM
sailsablazin

TREASURE HUNT is a fabulous idea. One Christmas I bought my DH a dinghy for our sailboat. I went through all kind of trouble to get this thing. Bought it in Detroit, MI. Had my old college roommate pick it up (VERY HEAVY). Met up with the roommate at a football game. Had my older son meet us so that he could transfer it from her car to my car. Had my neighbor meet me when I got home that night (2 1/2 hour drive after the game) at a different neighbor's house. (She was storing it for me--this was in October). FINALLY when my son came home from college in December, he picked it up from the neighbor's garage on Christmas Eve. Didn't even wrap it but hid it in my car in the garage. WHEW!
DH is one of those guys who guesses EVERY SINGLE gift that I have EVER given him. DH received an envelope on the tree and a treasure hunt ensued. I had about 15 different clues and sent him looking all over our 7 acres. It took him 2 days to find it and a whole lot of "you're cold, you're Hot" hints. I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT! I think his parents thought that I was cruel... (oh well!).

Last edited by sailsablazin; 12-04-2014 at 12:21 PM.