View Single Post
Old 12-05-2014, 06:31 AM
Sewnoma

That's the exact model I have, I've had mine about 2 years now and I LOVE it! I don't ever want to go back to corded irons.

Mine lives on a little cart that rolls under my table. When the iron is being stored I have a silicone pad I put the iron itself on - partially just so the cart will fit under my table but I like it as a safety measure as well. The iron only completes a circuit with the iron on the heating base, so if I store it off the base there is NO way it can short out or somehow be switched back on.

The auto shut off resets each time you pick up the iron, so if you're actively using it, it will never shut off on you. But if you do forget and walk off, it will eventually turn itself off.

The water tank is detachable, so you can easily fill it up while the iron is sitting there heating up.

It does sputter a little bit when I'm using steam, but only right when I set it onto the cradle. Other than that it's got great steam and doesn't leak or dump lots of water onto the fabric. (You can turn steam off, too.)

The carrying case is heat-resistant; so if you take it somewhere you can just clamp the lid on, retract the cord and you're ready to go, even if the iron is still hot.

All in all I think it's great. If mine broke, I would definitely order another one just like it. I hope they never stop making them!