Thread: Lost Quilt
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2014, 08:10 AM
Sewnoma

Originally Posted by Hulalulu View Post
ITS XMAS SEASON -- read that and know that lots of extra things get "lost" this time of year. Working at a LQS, we had a beautiful quilt stolen on Christmas Eve a couple years ago. Police told us that Christmas Eve has the highest thief rate of the year. Also important to Label and photograph your quilt -- without a label you have no proof it was ever yours.
No kidding...DH & I have had THREE packages stolen off of our front porch in just the last week! It's gotten so bad we've gone in to all our pending orders and set them to be held at the FedEx office, including the box we just ordered that is going to contain a camera and monitoring system for our front yard & porch and a big ol' sign proclaiming that the house is under 24 hour video monitoring. Funny thing though...the particular boxes stolen were heavy and contained nothing but cat food and drought-resistant grass seed!

What they're doing, at least at my house, is leaving an empty box on the porch. My guess is they're following delivery trucks, possibly in a van or some other delivery-ish looking vehicle, and then carrying an empty box up to the porch and a full box away so as to not look too suspicious. The boxes left behind have had all the labels stripped off so I can't tell who/where they were before they came to me. Boxes from other theft victims, most likely. GRRR!