Old 01-04-2010, 10:07 PM
jljack

Originally Posted by Naturalmama
You know, I actually do already have a couple of quilting books :oops: , but it's still kind of a foreign language to me. I keep trying to tell myself that it's just like my journey into soapmaking - in the beginning it was all foreign - and even scary! Now it's old hat. So I know I need to jump in to start to fully understand what's what. But right now, I'm having trouble figuring out how exactly to do that! Besides growing a fabric stash I mean - I've already been starting that! :lol:

And as far as the cornerstones, my heart is kinda set on that splash of color mixed in the black. I even picked out a brightly colored/matching fabric to do the binding with. I guess I just need a "step 1" "step 2" etc - more than what I've seen in the quilting books I have. I will just do more searching here - and then asking!

Thanks for all your help - you have all been great!
You can also get many quilting magazines with "basic instructions" sections in them every month. Although they are pretty basic, they are a very good start. Also you can find some good instructions written into quilt patterns in those magazines, along with many pictures. They are cheaper than buying books....also, many web sites with good instructions. About.com has a quilting section with excellent tutorials and instructions sections.

Good luck, and just keep going. You'll get better faster than you think!! ;-)