Old 12-05-2014, 04:54 PM
quiltjoey

So sorry to hear all about the problems with your Viking QII. I have the D1 and the Ruby Deluxe. They are both great machines. Our dealer has sold the dealership and their repair person is training a young, new person to take over repairs after a year when their helping the new people time is up.

I am anxious about taking my machine next year for servicing with the new person. The original dealer repair person is absolutely fantastic about repairing the machines. He knows everything and every machine for they have had the dealership for years.
It sounds like the person you are dealing with is inexperienced with the Vikings or maybe they just don't have the expertise to repair machines. I think repair people are like doctors; some are great technicians and some are lousy (my nursing experience). The problem is we have to discover that with our time, money, and sometimes lives.

I would find another dealer who has been in business longer and maybe could give references regarding his work and a detail list of repairs needed.
If you have your machine repaired there is no guarantee it won't happen again. I have a friend who has a Brother emb. machine and she makes beautiful things with it and it cost thousands less than my machines.

I'm like some of the other members, maybe just sell it for parts or need of repair, or as is. You have to decided to throw in the towel or try another dealer or like someone said,"paint it yellow" and use it for a door stop.
Let us know what happens. Good luck!

Last edited by quiltjoey; 12-05-2014 at 04:56 PM.