View Single Post
Old 12-06-2014, 03:22 AM
icul8rg8r

I have two Pfaffs - started with the Pfaff Ambition 1.0. The Ambition line are great beginner/intermediate machines giving you lots of bang for your buck. It is now my class and travel machine - I refused to trade it in when I upgraded to the Pfaff Performance 5.0. Oh my - am I in love with the P5.0! I had planned on upgrading to the Quilt Expression 4.2, but the Performance 5.0 was on sale (only $250 more than the QE4.2) plus I got the 48 months interest free financing - I think now they're offering 60 months.

Funny story - I actually started out with a Brother combo sewing/embroidery machine. After buying the machine my first class was a sew-as-you-go quilting class. I was soon in tears because I could not get the Brother to stitch evenly through the multi layers - even with a walking foot (which with that attachment I wasn't able to get an accurate 1/4" seam allowance.) The instructor was so sweet - she talked the shop owner into lending me the Pfaff Ambition and oh, what a difference! Just a touch of a lever to engage the IDT (sorta like a built in walking foot with dual feed). PLUS I could still use the 1/4" Presser Foot with Guide at the same time. I soon caught up to everyone else in class and was having so much fun. The Pfaff out-performed the Brother in so many (every) ways. I traded/exchanged it for the Pfaff Ambition that very day! I will never sew/quilt with anything other than Pfaff.

I encourage you to go to a dealer and try out their various machines. You'll see what we all mean about how easy the Pfaff IDT works and how enjoyable it is to use!

Last edited by icul8rg8r; 12-06-2014 at 03:27 AM.