View Single Post
Old 12-06-2014, 05:11 AM
Wanabee Quiltin

Default Colorwash Trip Around the World

I follow a blog called "Exuberant Color" and Wanda was giving classes on how to make these beautiful quilts. Since I have wanted to use up my stash, I picked blue and yellow/gold for my quilt. It turned out old-fashion compared to what the other women used. Now I want to make something more bold. I used 16 different fabrics, 8 in blue and 8 in yellow/gold. I ended up buying a few yellows and they still weren't different enough in value, but it's okay. I learned a great deal about value at the class. I used an 1.5 inch border in one navy print and then a 5" border in another dark blue. I used all fabrics from my stash and now have fabric set aside for a pink with some purple TAW. It is kind of addicting to make these quilts ! They are very easy but I learned from a Pro how to make them her way. I will quilt this in a simple pattern, nothing too elaborate.
Attached Thumbnails taw-other-quilts-060.jpg   taw-other-quilts-061.jpg   taw-other-quilts-066.jpg   taw-other-quilts-065.jpg   taw-other-quilts-062.jpg