View Single Post
Old 12-06-2014, 12:57 PM
Mrs. SewNSew

Default My garage sale scores

These aren't really what CD would call Whack-A-Mole finds but it was still a really good day!

First stop was a "moving sale" where the seller had said she had a machine that was "old and heavy". It turned out to be a Montgomery Ward model 1950 convertible flat bed machine. It had the manual, case, cams and a nice box of feet including a walking foot and I was able to get it for 5.00. I can never say no to a 5.00 machine.

Next we went to the salvage shop at the dump and I grabbed an oak chair that is sister to the one I picked up last month. The last one cleaned up really well and is really nice as a sewing chair so I decided to get another. This one has a stain on the seat, so hopefully it cleans up just as well. 5.00 for the chair.

Then I dropped off hubby and headed to a storage locker where the owner sells things he's gotton from estate sales. This place typically frustrates me because the sewing machines are missing cords and over-priced but I was going to peek though a quilter's fabric stash for some neutrals for a quilt I am starting. They had less than usual there and I learned they were given notice to clear out so prices were down. They still had a Singer 403a that I had asked about before. It was missing cords and foot controller, sitting in a case bottom that was cracked and the needle doesn't move. They had previously been asking for 75.00. Today it was marked 15.00. I was able to get the machine and a Touch and Sew box with cams and some feet for 10.00. I spent another 10.00 on a goodly amount of quilting fabric before I left.

All in all, not a bad day at all for 30.00. Oh! Annnd I got a bag of broken cookies at the bakery for free! No photos of the cookies though.
Attached Thumbnails dsc_0492-640-x-426-.jpg   dsc_0497-640-x-426-.jpg   dsc_0485-640-x-426-.jpg   dsc_0487-640-x-426-.jpg   dsc_0488-640-x-426-.jpg  

dsc_0482-640-x-426-.jpg