Old 12-07-2014, 08:00 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by Snooze2978 View Post
I also have this machine from back in 2000. Have most all the feet too. I use it for piecing and basic sewing only these days as I have another embroidery machine. I love my machine but the touch screen is starting to give me fits and I know it won't be a cheap fix. Been wondering if there is another machine in the Viking family that takes the same feet when this one takes a nose dive on me or do I just sale all the good parts such as embroidery unit and feet. Will be watching what folks say.

Also I use Embird to transfer my designs onto floppies for when I do/did use it for embroidery. Have lots of floppies just for that purpose. Plus have a external floppy drive I got with my other embroidery machine though it takes a USB drive. Yes, floppy drives are hard to come by these days.
This one I can answer, yes, they use the same feet. I have a Viking #1 and my Diamond Deluxe and my Ruby could use all of the feet. The only foot different is the walking foot, I think. I went top of the line and bought the newest walking foot. There may also be some hoops that can be used.

As far as the Designer 1, there are lots of people using them still. My Viking teacher says even her mom won't give hers up. So if your emb part is still good you may be able to find someone that theirs may have worn out to buy it. You could also contact a Viking dealer and find out what other machines the hoops go with.