Old 01-05-2010, 04:25 AM
Edie

Well, the tree is down and I have the room to put together my design table.

I have counted and identified each and every screw, nut, bolt, peg and wood pieces. I have got the cabinet part done. I noted that the glue in the bag was sort of gelatinous, so I just dumped that and got out the handy dandy Gorilla Glue, fast cure - dries white! I know this holds because I use this stuff, so that doesn't bother me. But I have to "measure twice, cut once" to make sure everything is in the right place and don't put the glue in the wrong hole. So it does take a tad longer. This is going to last me for the rest of my life, so I want to make sure it is done right.

So, question, request, whatever, if any of you have done this, could you give me a few pointers on what I may expect or if there is something that just doesn't want to work. Then I can anticipate a problem and deal with it before I screw up the whole works - literally!!!!!!!

If it turns out, and I am assuming it will, I will take a picture of it and plaster it across your screen. Just to let you know that an old 71 year old broad can still put a square peg into a round hole, or is that a round peg into a square hole, or is it a square peg into a square hole. Whatever it is, it has to fit under my window. That's all there is to it!!!!

Thanks in advance for any of your help! Edie