Old 12-08-2014, 03:28 PM
wildyard

Default Comfort quilt for my DGD's friend... urgent status

This is a very sad situation. My DGD's good friend, who is 11, is going thru a very hard time. About 2 weeks ago, they learned that her dad had a very aggressive kind of blood cancer. I was going to make her a comfort quilt to hug while she missed her dad during his hospital stays and chemo. Having surgery to remove some lymph nodes and prepare him for starting chemo was this past Thursday. Unexpectedly, he had a bloodclot during that night and passed away from heart blockage. The family is devastated. They had not even had time to deal with the idea that he had cancer and might die, and wham he is gone. We found out Friday night.
Saturday I cut out the comfort quilt. Sunday I pieced and layered it. Today I quilted and bound it and DH got it to the PO 10 min. before they closed. This is an all time record for me and would not have been possible except for my having had a panel to work with.
All 9 fabrics and the panel were in my stash, as well as the fleece for the back. I am pleased with how it came out. I'd call it controlled scrappy.
My fibro is kicking up now and I'm down for a few days, but it was worth it to have this quilt for a little girl who has just lost her dad so unexpectedly.
Attached Thumbnails abundant-life-quilt.jpg   abundant-life-back.jpg