View Single Post
Old 12-09-2014, 11:26 AM
RosaSharon

Your quilt will be beautiful. I love the colors you have chosen.

I admire all you ladies that follow patterns, and match all your seems and points, but I am a beginner at quilting, so at age 71 I decided that there were plenty of ideas for quilt tops that don't need to follow a pattern, or match up seems and points. Also, I have to 'quilt as you go' because there is no way I can get on my knees on the floor to pin the top to the batting and back. Also, I have a very average size table to work on. I do use flashing, which I read here on the forum a lot of ladies do not like. I have found if I vary the colors of the flashing, it kinda blends with the top, and you don't get wonkey lines.

I'm too old to try to learn those beautiful patterns like stars and pinwheels, etc. I am having lots of fun even so.

I found a YouTube of a young man teaching how to make a 'crazy quilt' without the backing. I am loving it! I know many women don't like it, but I love lots of stuff going on with my quilts.

I have made about 20 (all different) so far, from start to binding. I make 9 squares, that turned into lots of little ones, so don't have to match seems, log cabin, crazy quilt, and I do make the magic triangle where you sew 2 pieces of 6" square all around, cut the diagonal both ways, and walla, two little cute squares. I have made string 12" squares, and solid blocks for accents.