View Single Post
Old 12-09-2014, 11:26 AM
Atalanta1977

Default Newbie from Washington!

Hi everyone! I just retired from teaching and decided to stay busy by getting serious with my quilting. I learned to quilt in 2010 but I found it difficult to balance my classes and my hobby so I still feel like a newbie.

Recently, my son got engaged (October) and he wanted a quilt from a top I had made for a wedding present. He got married on November 22nd which didn't leave much time. I have a Legacy longarm that I am trying to learn to use (more about that below) but I was going to have a local shop quilt it for me since I had no experience. I finally got the courage to take the top in only to discover that they would not be able to finish the quilt by my deadline. One of the ladies in the shop convinced me that I could do it myself on one of their rental machines. I have Asperger's and new experiences like this are really tough but I DID it and I am so proud of my quilt. My son and his new wife love the quilt even though the machine quilting isn't great. However, it is so much better than I expected that I am really proud of it. Since then I have completed two more quilts and I currently have a king-size quilt for my MIL on my Legacy at home.

Which brings me to my Legacy. I bought it used before I had any idea what I was getting into. I can't find any information about the machine online other than the manufacturer's website and I haven't been able to get any help from the manufacturer. Does anyone out there have a Legacy? I have played with it quite a bit and I have worked through a number of problems but I am not sure how to use most of the buttons on the Pfaff control box. [ATTACH=CONFIG]501956[/ATTACH] I think the timing is out but I can't find a repairman to work on my machine and it skips stitches. I am really frustrated and would be glad to have any help! Thanks for reading my post.
Attached Thumbnails img_20141030_164539_846.jpg   img_20141030_164539_846.jpg