Old 12-09-2014, 02:01 PM
Feather3

Interesting site. Lots of great info & tips. Thanks .

I worked in a garment factory for 11 years & I can tell you no 2 garments went out the door the same size. A lot depended on "who" did the cutting. Those die cutters slam down thru many layers of fabric, often shifting, or they are wire cut & the operator got off the lines. If fabric frayed it got trimmed or sewn off. If it got caught in the machine it got trimmed off. No 2 sewers had the exact same seam widths on their end product. We were lucky to have our machines work all day long. We had to sew at full speed to make our rate with no down time for a broken machine. In the summer months it was 96F at our machines. The AC was a joke. What ever size it was cut for that's what it got labeled, didn't matter if it ended up being a little smaller. That's why no 2 pair of jeans, shirts, etc fit the same when you try them on in a store. I hardly ever buy store made clothing. I make my own. I can't stand todays clothing that has no hems, seams on the outside, buttons & zippers off center. Shessh!