View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 06:18 PM
Flying_V_Goddess

Originally Posted by Moonpi
I love batiks next to solid colors - it really makes the batiks dance!
That's what I had in mind.

Originally Posted by joannl
I think both are great but the black background is really stunning.
I think it's great that you are putting so much of yourself into her gift and I think pregnant women really need something for themselves not just the baby. Especially when it's their special day.
Jo
Yeah, I was thinking she'd need something special so she doesn't feel like everyone is giving all their attention to the baby and none for her. She has a fear that's what will happen.

I keep thinking about my one friend who went post paradum depression on us two weeks after giving birth---I think the attention the baby was getting plus the disppointment not being able to do a natural birth or breastfeed like she wanted had a lot to do with it. It was kind of scary when it happened (and due to the circumstances that played out Adrian was put into temporary foster care for 6 months). I'd hate for Deni to get all depressed being a new mother and the thought of it kind of scares the Hell out of me since I've seen it happen (and play out in one of the worst ways). So I figure an awesome quilt might help.