View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 07:06 AM
weezie

Originally Posted by Elisabrat
The most depressing thing about this blog and others like it is seeing HOW MUCH FABRIC you'all have! SHEESH.. I remember once having several bins and then some of it.. now I have one and its a treasure to me. I look at sewing room/space pics and think Holy Moly! they have a heck of a huge collection.. ah to be a tiny little fly in your rooms. Oh wait, the pics are allowing me to do this! I have a sewing table which is my dinner table. Having a sewing room would be like winning the lotto! not having to put my machine up, pack up fabric, works in progress every single day.. that would be fantasy island. does sorting your little stash count as cleaning up my space? I do this about once a week.. probably just to play with it :)
There's nothing wrong with having a small stash! You just quit that whimpering! Mine is pretty small and I still feel a little guilty (I typed "quilty" there and had to correct it!) because I'm sure I'll never get to use it all and my daughters do not sew. However (and this is important) when I start a new project and am missing a color or two, it's time to go browsing at the fabric store ... which is challenging and fun.