Thread: Thread Cost
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2014, 10:40 AM
RosaSharon

Lilyfiona, thanks for all of your great, and hard work posting these different threads and prices. They are very helpful, especially since I have not made up my mind what to use. I am a new quilter, and have a little of many brands of thread in the drawer.

At first I was only shopping JoAnns with coupons because I didn't even know there were all these great fabric shops online. My favorite now is fabric.com

Anyway, shopping at JoAnns I preferred the Coats&Clark thread only because the colors seemed more vibrant than the only other choice of Gutterman.

For several reasons now I am giving up on C&C. A lady at this forum has mentioned it is really quite expensive per yard, which I had never figured.

As for the lint issue --how can you tell that it is the thread and not the fabric causing the lint. If a person uses a cotton or cotton/poly batting, wouldn't the tip of the needle carry some lint from the batting down under? Just wondering.

I am also giving up on C&C for a stupid reason, but it is the only one that even though I POKE THE HOLE WITH MY CROCHET HOOK before putting it onto the spindle, it still deposits that ugly black gunk onto my new white spindle on my new machine. None of the others do it.

If I buy C&C from Walmart, it has that slit on the side where the thread gets caught up and breaks my needle. I know enough to turn it backwards, and that does seem to work, but my instruction book clearly says to put the spool of thread on so it comes up from the bottom of the spool, and when I turn it over it comes from the top.

Also, I get more thread breakage from C&C.

So, as soon as I use it all up I am switching brands from C&C.