Old 12-11-2014, 12:43 PM
MargeD
Power Poster

What a delightful story. My DS and DDIL had asked me to make a quilt for Zoe when she switched to a "big girl" bed. Originally it was to be a twin size quilt, however, circumstances changed and she wound up with a full size bed. Fortunately, I had made the quilt larger than a twin, so it fit a full size bed. I pieced it before I had shoulder surgery last May and finished it Christmas Eve when we presented it to her. The expression on her face was priceless and she told me that she really loved it and liked it very, very much, she was 3 1/2 at the time. Despite the many hiccups along the way in making her quilt with all the appliqued flowers, hearts, dragonflies and butterflies, as well as pinwheels, I was very pleased when it was finished. My DS said that he thought it was the best quilt I'd ever made. The comments were wonderful to hear, however, when Zoe jumped off the couch, where the quilt had been laid over her, with her eyes closed, and gave me a big hug and kiss, there is no better reward than that. All the hours were worth it, even to finishing the binding shortly before going over to their house Christmas Eve. That is why I quilt, it's food for the soul.