View Single Post
Old 12-11-2014, 02:50 PM
Trisher

First of all - congratulations on the new grandbaby! You were pretty low key about that!

I am not American but here goes anyways.

We have brunch with our kids and grandkids at our home. We put some candles in some muffins and sing Happy Birthday to Jesus. We then open presents (stockings are opened at each home earlier in the morning). Kids play with their new toys (they are 2, 3, 4 and 5). I wash the tablecloth and reset the table for dinner. My Mom and my in-laws join us for supper. Kids go home with tired little ones right after supper and the old folks sit and reminisce about the good old days.

Supper is turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, candied sweet potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce, assorted vegetables and salads. Dessert used to be mince pudding (a generation ago) but not too many of us like it, so we have something that I can make ahead and freeze (like mud pie or frozen strawberry delight).

We have party crackers (the ones you pull apart with your table mate and they make a big noise) - inside are little toys, a fortune and of course a paper party hat. Now I wanna go look at old pictures. Miss my dad and our first grandbaby so much at Christmas time. But they are celebrating in heaven! How fantastic is that!