Thread: sashiko machine
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2014, 08:39 AM
abc123

Originally Posted by B Sisson View Post
I bought one this summer at a retreat 120 miles from home, so I have a long road trip to go back to the shop for help. I also am having a hugh problem with breakage. I have gone over everything and stitch 4 or so stitches and then it breaks. I bought it new and it makes me want to cry. If you figure it out , Please Please Please post it on here to help others.
Did you use a spray starch or basting glue on your quilt sandwich? How much did you use of the spray starch/glue? If so, could be the thread is catching and creating unwanted tension which is breaking your thread. Check to make sure the bar that rides close to the needle is not bend (sorry but I am not near my machine to check the manual for the correct terminology). If bent, replace. It is imperative not to use a heavier weight thread then the manual suggests. Another thought is that your quilt sandwich may be pulling off the table which would cause added tension on the thread creating breakage. Hope this little bit of info is helpful!