View Single Post
Old 12-12-2014, 04:58 PM
applique

Originally Posted by luvstoquilt301 View Post
I have been gifted a beautiful complete set of a BOM from Keepsake Quilting called When Friends Gather. This includes all the fabric. I am reading through the instructions and it appears these are constructed sort of like a quilt as you go. It looks like I would do one block of the fusible stuff, layer and then quilt. The quilting is done right on top of the pieces.

Has anyone done this? Did it turn out ok? Then these blocks must be sewn together with the quilting already done into a quilt. I am picturing some HUGE thing and trying to get these pre quilted blocks sewn into a quilt.

I am thinking I may decide to do one block as a time as an art type quilt instead. I have done fusible applique before but did the stitching around the pieces before the quilting. I am wondering if I could do it that way. Some of these pieces are really small.
I do a lot of her patterns and I personally prefer to enlarge things with small pieces so I can satin stitch around all the pieces and proceed like any other appliqued quilt. I have done the otters and snowmen from your pattern and they are a decent size and can be stitched down any way you prefer then pieced together into a top and quilted. You can also stretch the blocks over canvas and hang as a picture. They can be done raw edge, blanket stitch, hand applique, satin stitch or whichever way you prefer.
Attached Thumbnails high-fiber-052.jpg   high-fiber-062.jpg