View Single Post
Old 12-13-2014, 04:46 AM
silverfoxmag

My memories of Christmas morning are getting fruits and nuts in one of my own stockings, we call them socks today. But there was a special walnut in there. "Santa" would stuff one walnut with money, how exciting was that to a child! As I got older, little gifts were in that stocking, one especially comes to mind, a black onyx ring, which I still have and on occasion wear when my weight is down far enough. I'm Italian and our big celebration was Christmas Eve, our food was every kind of fish there was in the market and a special soup, broccoli, cod and homemade pasta. I hated the fish and broccoli but loved the pasta, love all of it now. Another memory was all 5 of my brothers and families, my sister and husband and myself gathered around my mother's and father's table on both Eve and Day and before we ate we all kissed my father's hand thanking him for the good life he afforded us and in honor of our Heavenly Father. WOW, haven't thought about that in years! Thanks to all for the memories!