Thread: Another SCAM
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2014, 05:59 AM
Cheryl7758

Originally Posted by Tropical View Post
Our bank catches fraudulent charges on our credit card very efficiently. They notify us right away. It has happened twice in the past two years. The first time someone used our number in California at Burlington Coat Factory and a few other places. We live in Florida The second time it was the Home Depot thing.
Another time, they called us at 11:00 at night to check to see if we had used our card that evening. I had bought a very expensive computer and printer and a pair of jeans. The bank wasn't used to seeing such large amounts on our cards. I thanked them and assured them that we had made the purchases. I had to tell the representative what we had bought.
I've had the same experience with my credit card company. One time I had forgotten to call them to let them know that my husband was going to Scotland and to expect some large charges for flight and hotel. They called asking about a $1700 charge from a Pub in Scotland - I laughed and told them husband had a great time at the Pub the previous night all the while knowing that the place he stayed was an Inn with a Pub and that the charge was for his room. OK'd the charge, told them there maybe more. I always appreciate them calling and I always check my accounts online about weekly or more frequently if we have been using them. It just seems like no matter how careful you are card numbers get compromised.