View Single Post
Old 12-13-2014, 07:39 AM
Fuzzykittenbutt

Default Comfort Quilt for Student with Cancer

Hi everyone,

A couple weeks ago I found out that one of my adult English students here in Germany was diagnosed with cancer. To make matters worse, her invalid mother, who her family had been taking care of fell and ended up in the hospital and then passing away, while she was in the hospital for surgery due to her cancer. She'll be undergoing chemo soon and I wanted her to have something to comfort her and to keep her warm during her chemo sessions, so I made her this lap quilt. Since I'm a hand quilter and this would have never been done in time if I had hand quilted it, I asked a friend from our guild (Lisa Werdel) to machine quilt it for me with her longarm and she did a wonderful panto of rose leaves and buds to match the wild yellow roses in the main fabric. (Thank you Lisa for getting this quilted so fast!) The block in this quilt is from the 2013 issue of "Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks" and is called Lovely Garden by Debbie Caffrey. It looks so complicated but is super quick; perfect for emergency quilts!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]502325[/ATTACH]
Front

[ATTACH=CONFIG]502326[/ATTACH]
Back

[ATTACH=CONFIG]502327[/ATTACH]
Label
Attached Thumbnails quiltfordoris-2-.jpg   quiltfordoris-3-.jpg   quiltfordoris-4-.jpg