View Single Post
Old 12-13-2014, 01:20 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

we always went to church on Christmas eve and then came home and opened gifts. There was my mom and dad and me. Mom always filled a huge stocking for Dad and for me. She put lots of candy and little presents she had picked up all year into it with nuts and oranges and fun little surprises. then we opened gifts and no matter how many she wrapped and gave she would always remember one or two she had stuck into a closet and forgot about. LOL

My dad would always wait til the last day to remember he had to buy mom something for Christmas. then he would have me pick out something and go get it. One year we got her a set of crystal goblet that the top half were cranberry color and they were so beautiful. she used them to set her table for dinners for years and years.

At church they always had a 20 foot tree that rose up into the rafters in our little church. There was a program and afterwards they passed out sacks to all the kids with candy nuts and an orange and candy canes. I remember helping to fill those sacks and hand them out. Such fun!