View Single Post
Old 12-13-2014, 03:09 PM
gennie1950

Originally Posted by Quilter 53 View Post
Every year on Black Friday, instead of shopping, DD and I make cookies. This year we made 13 batches of cookies and a batch of pumpkin fudge. We make the cookies smaller than the recipe calls for and then we each take half. She fills gift bags for her co-workers. This year there were 21 co-workers. Half of my share gets mailed to the other DD and family in MD. They all keep well in the freezer, so I only bring a few out at a time for DH and I to indulge.
This year, I will continue to kill myself in the kitchen, as this is how I relax. I have made 4 kinds of cookies,pecan carmels,7batches of nuts and bolts, and peanut butter fudge. Wish Quilter 53 would share her pumpkin fudge recipe(I have only made once and what a disaster). Please share. I am doing our quilters luncheon for 12-13 girls on tuesday, I do this every 3rd tuesday and I will suprise each girl with a cookie box. They are great ladies. I did a garage sale today, sold 34 of my 200 cookbooks. Enough is enough. Everyone have a wonderful holiday.