View Single Post
Old 12-13-2014, 04:52 PM
Ellpea

Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
Lol, if you ever find one in Hayward you want, let me know, I'm 2 miles from Hayward
Well, I'd offer to pick something up in Redding, but very seldom does anything good show up here. Which is why I lurk on CL for other towns, (including Bay Area!!). Which is why I drove to Klamath Falls to get the Singer 12, then across to Medford for the 319.

Actually, the patient hubby drove, and the two machines were an anniversary present. He was planning to take me out to buy me a gift, and I said I already had one picked out, we just had to drive to Oregon to get it. It took a little longer to convince him that a loop over to Medford was much nicer than just up and back, but he agreed.

After we stepped into the house that the 319 came from, he may have rued that decision. After we spent 5 minutes getting the machine out of its crappy homemade cabinet, but about 45 minutes trying to get the spring lifty thing, he may have been sorry he even met me. But he did it, we did it, and finally got back home. An 11 hour day. We had a long ride, and I am happy with my "gifts," and neither one of us lost our patience or got crabby. So, it looks like we're probably good for another 10 years... depending on how many more machines and road trips I propose!