Old 03-14-2008, 09:35 PM
Flying_V_Goddess

I figured out what quilt I want to do for my very artistic, future tattoo artist friend, Deni. For those of you who haven't read the other post, she's pregnat and her due date is a week before her birthday. She's kind of worried that she's just going to get baby stuff for her birthday. So I want to do something extra special for her birthday in the form of a quilt.

I finally decided that I want to do the Tsunami quilt in black and dark red.

I want to do the red in batik and the black in true solid---I think it'll give it kind of an artsy, stained glass appeal to it. And I got this quilt down to a science now so I got all my homework for it done and there's not a whole lot of pre-planning to do. But I still have a few questions.

1. What is a good website that sells batik fabric?

2. My information on batik is limited so any tips or suggestions on it would help.

3. Do you think I should add a thick, solid black border? If I decide to add one should I go with a red binding like I have in the picture or a black binding to blend in with the border?

4. I'm not sure how big to make this. I want to make it big enough so if she wanted to put it on her bed she could, but I don't know how big her bed is. I'm almost positive its not a Queen. I know its big enough to fit two people, shoulder to shoulder. Got any idea on how big her bed is?