View Single Post
Old 12-14-2014, 01:24 AM
Jeanette Frantz

Rodney, I have to agree with you. First, I work full-time on a computer all day! The last thing I need to look at if I want to sew is a doggone computer. I get frustrated every time the computer has a glitch (spelling?) at work. If I want to sew, that's something I want to enjoy -- I don't want to have to deal with a computerized sewing machine! I used the same sewing machine for more than 50 years -- got it when it was new -- and it still works. It's getting a little tired, but still sews like a champ!

I love to sew -- always have -- ever since I was old enough to remember! I'll still take my old machine -- I've often thought I'd like to have an embroidery machine, but I'm not sure when I'd have the time to use it! LOL! I also do hand embroidery, and the quilt depicted in my avatar was the first BIG quilt I've done, and I not only embroidered every line, every satin-stitch, etc., I started my design from a 3" photo on the internet. Suffice it to say -- the final size of the Arkansas Razorback was more than 30"! I did a lot of enlarging and re-drawing, but I don't think I'd want to do another one like that!

Jeanette