Thread: Organ needles
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2014, 06:01 AM
Barb in Louisiana

I have used both the Schmetz and Organ needles in my Brother Innovis 4000D. Both worked, but the Schmetz wore out much quicker. When I bought the Organ Needles from All Brands, which has a storefront near me, I asked them which needle I should use in my machine. I was intending on doing embroidery and had not started any quilting projects at that time. They recommended I use Organ HAx130EB 80/12. These last forever. They very rarely break and last through many embroidery projects. I don't know if they are titanium or not and really don't care. When these packs of 10 are gone, I will go back to Organ for sure.

This was a note I made to myself years ago.....Size 11 Organ HAx130EBBR or HAX130EB Needles recommended for all embroidery because the smaller needle is better for dense embroidery. Size 14 only for thicker, dense fabrics.

I believe they recommended the 12's because I was buying a box of 10 packs with 10 needles in each. The size 12's have been used to PP, embroidery on denim, fine cotton, and sewing all my quilt projects.

I have heard of people who change needles after every quilt. I would have wasted soooooo many needles if I did that. I change when I hear them go "Clunk" as they pierce the fabric. When that happens they are dull and will pull threads in your fabric in a heartbeat. The only needle I broke was because I didn't have the bobbin case back in properly on my Brother 4000. I haven't made that mistake again.

FYI.....I use the Organ needles in my vintage Singer Golden Touch and Sew, my Big Brother, and my little Brother Runway from Wal-Mart. I have had no problem with any of them.

Last edited by Barb in Louisiana; 12-14-2014 at 06:05 AM.