Old 12-14-2014, 10:11 AM
AlamoAA

Default Wounded Warrior/Warrior Wash Quilt project we did in Nov

A friend of mine and I cranked out 19 lap throw quilts for a Wounded Warrior/Warrior Wash Retreat. There were to be 21 at this retreat and I was asked to make one to be raffled off. It went from there to a friend bored with nothing to do so she and I went to work. We had 2 weeks to get them finished but our goal was to award each one with a quilt. Here are a few photos of our dear men and women who have served faithfully. Most are from current wars and one from Viet Nam era as am I. The friend is a VN vet herself. The first one given out was eager to get his and gave me a hug. Someone called out to me that I had just been hugged by a Col. Not understand these are men and women who are suffering from chemicals used to destroy waste. The symptoms are endless and my heart goes out to them. It was the most rewarding volunteer project I have ever done. And I want to share it with you. This is my first time to post pictures so bear with me on this and I hope I do it right.
Attached Thumbnails ww-table-quilts-1-5-137.jpg   ww-table-quilts-2-5-138.jpg   ww-table-quilts-3-5-139.jpg   ww-table-quilts-4-5-140.jpg   ww-table-quilts-5-5-141.jpg