View Single Post
Old 12-14-2014, 12:00 PM
HouseDragon

Originally Posted by tracylynn View Post
Our adventure is a Godly mission. We don't know what will be involved yet, but we have faith that it is where we are supposed to be and are thankful for the opportunity. My husband is retired and I recently retired in June. One of our girls graduated from nursing school yesterday and has accepted a job in Virginia and our youngest is staying at Florida State for her masters and then on to DC for a career.

With the kids gone, and the jobs shed, we sold the house, gave away most of our belongings and found an awesome farmhouse up in the Andes mountains in Cuenca Ecuador. We met some people when we were there in July and have kept in contact while we've been working on the move. It will be a very different way of life for us.

We bought the vintage Singer machine because it doesn't have a computer and my husband should be able to work on it if it gives me any problems. I scoured the thrift stores and discount bins for fabric because my stash will have to last for a couple of years unless I can talk one of our kids or visitors into bringing more down for me (or talk my husband into a trip back up). I have a feeling that quilting will be a big part of my life while adjusting to the new country and the quiet countryside.
I'm curious how you choose that particular village (small town?).

Are you planning on staying there "forever"?

Snoopy minds would like to know.