View Single Post
Old 12-14-2014, 07:23 PM
xxxxxxxxxx

Went this morning to buy this, only to get one with a cockroach on it . once and we walk through the mud. The seller starts in with >>> "I looked in the internet last night " " I think is was made in 1911 what do you think" reply yep around 1911.

seller. "I going to have to get alittle more for it" ( just not from me) so the price went from $5 usd to $30 usd

The guy was a 30 ish type, so anything from 1911 is valuable, rather than tell him where to kiss himself, I told him how to clean it up and maybe find parts for it, plus gave him an address 10 miles away to a singer treadle that works for $40.

I head home via a hardware store for more glue. In walks my cousin, he tells me, he and rod are repairing a door at the CC center come over and shoot the BS. I do.

Then tell this SM story. rob looks up and starts in with his dads machines ( Old Fred)

I told this story afew days ago.... Turns out There is still over a 100 machines , between 20/30 complete treadles Rob is Freds son, He said go see him.

the machine are still there, there in the same place, last time I saw them must have been mid to late 80's. There's a little sewing machine Gold mine there .. Gold being toys to play with.

I have to thank the C/L seller for jacking the price or I wouldn't have stopped at that hardware store today

Betting Fred has 3 complete Franklins lolol

[ATTACH=CONFIG]502525[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 00e0e_b0ewdoy9hnz_600x450-1-.jpg